Sunday, November 15, 2009

"Getting Ready..."

We have truly come to appreciate the simple things in life...anything that is out of our normal everyday routine. We had been waiting all week for this event... the along side fueling of Africa Mercy.
The ship that pulled next to us was very appropriately name..."Energizer". Just the pulling along side us took over an hour. I have learned, when dealing with ships this large...you don't do anything quick. It does not take long for momentum to take over.
Alisia even came up to view the events. She was mesmerized by the whole situation and even was able to put some of her most recent physics lesson into practise...force, momentum...
The Energizer, I was told, off loads at maximum 150 tons a fuel an hour. We needed over 800 tons of fuel to prepare us for our trip to Tenerife. (We leave Dec 8).
This is the aft of our ship, and there are two areas underneath the deck where they ran hoses to fill the fuel tanks. I did not stay to watch the whole refueling, since in ran late into the night...and the only thing then to watch was a large green hose!


The whole process reminded me how when God refuels us, it is not an instantaneous process. Refueling sometimes happens when we are unaware. It sometimes happens when we are deeply involved in life...But God knows the timing, exactly what we need, when we need it, and how long it needs to take.

Ps. 23 (From the Message)

God, My Shepherd! I don't need a thing. You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty Shepherd's crook makes me feel secure. You serve me a six-course dinner right in from of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life. (A Psalm of David)

No comments:

Post a Comment