Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Street Venders..."

Since I have done two other blogs on different jobs people have, I thought I would include one on the Street Vendors.  I have heard it said that the streets of Freetown are like a mobile Wal-mart.  Everything is available on the streets;shoes, shirts, fabric, soap, tooth brushes, bras, underwear, matches....I could go on and on and on.  If you cannot find what you need on the streets, basically you have not looked in the right place or looked hard enough.

My friend Sharon buying peanut cakes.

A young lady trying to sell us some kind of food.

There are even street vendors that will run along side your vehicle and sell food to you-plantain chips, bread, even popcorn and water.

Colorful umbrellas line the streets-making them much too narrow for all the traffic-vehicle and foot traffic!

Local clothing market.

Everyday these street vendors pack up their goods late at night and arrive early in the morning to set up their goods for the day.  They are very diligent in their work.  Where many of us would give up by the lack of sales, every sale is another meal for their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment