Monday, November 7, 2011

"Love About Africa..."

For sometime now, I have been thinking about things I like about Africa.  It is easy to think about things that are different or that a person does not like....but I've been pondering things that I do like....

I like....
  • that everyone is family-your neighbour is your brother, an older person is an Auntie or a Mama
  • you can wear anything-checkered material with stripes, pink with red....anything goes
  • men wear ANY colour including pink....and it looks good
  • anything can be bought on the streets for a fraction of the cost
  • people are not label snobs-Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger can be bought on the streets for the same price as a t-shirt you'd find a Wal-mart
  • if you are stuck in traffic there is always people selling food beside the car door
  • if you are stuck in traffic there is always something to read-on cars, trucks, or buildings
  • people are generally very welcoming and friendly
  • people dance at church and sing:  "Shake your body for Jesus..."
  • people are quick to be willing to help someone
  • there is a cultural freedom
  • simple things or small things mean a lot, and people are grateful for them
  • a broken crayon is a welcome sight
I could go on and on about things I like about Africa-but I think the biggest thing is people are not ashamed of being a believer in Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment