Monday, December 14, 2009

"God's Artistry..."


I will never cease to be amazed at God's artistry.  Last night we saw the most amazing sunset I have seen in years.  God just painted the sky with all sorts of orange/red/pink/yellow hues.  It was stunning!  (You can tell which way the ship was rocking when I took the pictures.)

Then about 9/10pm last night we went up to the 8th deck and saw the beginnings of a meteor shower.  (Mike says the best time is about 1 am-however...I have trouble staying up past 9pm!)  Every once in awhile you would see a meteor shoot across the moonless sky.  To me, even more amazing was the stars.  I have not seen so many stars since we lived on our farm in Montana.  It was like someone took white paint and splatterd the blackend sky.  One of cour crew members said:  "God's Christmas decorations!"

This morning, not that I was up any earlier, the change in latitude enabled me to witness a spectacular sunrise.

There is something about sailing on the Atlantic Ocean off the African coast, that makes God so much bigger and more amazing than He is given credit.  Maybe it is because we are distracted less and confronted more with His awe inspiring creation. 

Ps 8:3-5

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?  You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment