Thursday, December 31, 2009

"Faces..."

We have spent the last few days, with my parents, exploring the Island of Tenerife.  It has been wonderful to spend time with family.  As my parents prepare to leave, I am putting pictures together for them to take to my brother.  I came across many faces that have become very familiar to me over the last few months.  Most of them patients, whose lives are forever changed because of the vision and obedience of Don and Deon Stephens (Mercy Ships founders).  I had to share a few of these faces with you.







For every one picture there are hundreds of other pictures of faces, smiles, and hugs I could have posted. 
In the book of John, Jesus asked a man:  "Do you want to be healed?"  The man's reply was "Sir, I have no one to help me..."  I have been pondering this for quite awhile, we are the hands and the feet of Jesus on the earth, serving those who want to be healed, but they have no money-no one to help them.  As I think about going to Togo in February, I am wondering who will I meet, who will want to be healed...who will we be demonstrating Jesus too?

No comments:

Post a Comment