Monday, April 12, 2010

My time at the YWAM base in Agu

As I woke up at ten to seven on Thursday the 8th of April, I was getting excited, it was the day the junor high and high school was going to leave for the Togo YWAM base at Agu. The night befrore I had packed a  bag full of clothing, a towel, sheets, sun screen, mosquito spray, a garbage bag for dirty clothing, and a grocery bag for garbage. After getting last minute things put together, I went to the cafe area to meet with everyone else to get final instructions before heding out to the dock to put stuff up on the Land Rovers, and in the back of a Nissan. We all piled in 3 Land Rovers and a Nissan with bags full of snacks and activities to keep us occupied for the 2 1/2 to 3 hour trip.  I was in the Nissan with Lara, Carys, and Linde, along with Mr. and Mrs. Cole who drove us up to Agu and retruned that day.
This is the building that we kept the drinking water (the water was unsafe go drink) and some snacks.
This is the view from the moutain.
This is the last out of three buildings that we stayed in, the little building is the shower, the water was cold because there was no hot water tank.
A little ways from the main camp was this Lily, I thought that it was strange to see a Lily in an African forest.
Also a little way from the camp were some stairs, Mr. Schwebel said that Catholic priests would crawl up the stairs as a symbol for suffereing for Christ.  At the top of the stairs there was this outdoor church.  I thought that it was the most perfect place for a church.
On Friday we hiked up to a waterfall and ate lunch there.
Later we took the three Land Rovers to another waterfall and went swimming.
As you can see my friends had a lot of fun with mud and got really dirty.

We had a lot of fun and I learned in singing "Indescribable" and "I Can Only Imagine"



[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in honour of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

From the highest of heights to the depths of the sea

Creation's revealing Your majesty
From the colors of fall to the fragrance of spring
Every creature unique in the song that it sings
All exclaiming
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
You are amazing God
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim
You are amazing God
Indescribable, uncontainable,
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God
Incomparable, unchangeable
You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same
You are amazing God
You are amazing God

The chorus of "I can only Imagine" and the whole song of "Indescribable" really spoke to me because out of all of the galaxies, all of the people past, present, and future God knows every word I ever said and have yet to say, He also knows the names of the stars and doesn't forget a thing!! How amazing is that??? That hit me pretty hard.

I was sad to see the end of the weekend, but glad at the same time, I hadn't gotten much sleep, but it was fun just spending a weekend with my friends and getting blown away with the realization listed above, and I can't wait until the retreat next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment