Saturday, November 6, 2010

"Chip Butty..."

One of the interesting things about living in an international community is learning about some of the foods from other countries.   This blog is about a food that our friend from the UK insisted that we had to try.  It is called a "Chip Butty".  To give you some history, Sharon and I have been talking on Facebook for about a week now over the topic of Chip Butty's.  While she was here at Appelsbosch she RAVED about how WONDERFUL Chip Butty's tasted.  She Facebooked me and asked if I had tried them yet.  I said "no".  So she kindly donated to the Chip Butty fund of the Jacobsen's so we could have a Chip Butty experience. 

One question I know you are asking is:  "What in the world is a Chip Butty?"  That was my initial question...as well as Mike's.
This is a Chip Butty...yes you are seeing it correctly...a hamburger bun with fries in it.  Now we have had fries in a lot of different things since we left Canada and the States.  Fries on pizza, hamburgers, rolled into tortillas, mixed into scrambled eggs...in West Africa fries are a staple with almost every meal...but never on a lone hamburger bun.

We had to add ketchup...
When Mike opened the bun and said:  "This is it...he laughed."  Obviously I forgot to tell him what a Chip Butty was...oops!


Okay...I'm being a little melodramatic....but seriously...fries on a bun?
In the end it wasn't all that bad...it was an experience.  But, to be truly honest, I ended up eating the fries and bun separately. 

Thanks Sharon for the memory...and the laugh!  Miss you guys!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment