Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Goodbye Appelsbosch..."

Last week we drove out of Appelsbosch for the last time in five months.  It was rather a bitter sweet moment.  Appelsbosch was been a real struggle for me in many ways.  For those of you who know me and my propensity to have things clean, neat, orderly,  "perfect", in working order etc...Appelsbosch challenged me to the core of my being. 

It gave me a great respect for people who live in far worse conditions and are happy.  Maybe not happy, but they don't let their "lack" affect their outlook on the day, week, life.  Paul says in Phillipians:  "...for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am."  Can I say this?  To be honest, no.

I will always remember our time at Appelsbosch for the crew members I got to know better, for getting to know people I normally would not have a chance to get to know, for the incredible scenery every morning, for our new church family, for the daily struggles of living there...but most of all for the lessons in life it taught me about myself.

There will be things I will truly miss about Appelsbosch...

The treehouse the kids played in...

The rope swing...

Claire's Corner where we would sit and talk...

Overlooking the amphitheatre...

The kids tire swing...

Packing up and waiting...


Driving down the road for the last time...


No comments:

Post a Comment