Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Flowers..."

Since I have done a blog on some of the plants that you can find on the Island of Tenerife, I thought I would do one on some of the flowers you find here.  It absolutely amazes me the diversity of tress, plants, and flowers.  It just shows me over and over again how creative our God is.

At Christmas time, a lot of the gardens were planted with Pointsettias.  They looked absolutely beautiful.  One thing I did not know, as the next picture show you, Pointsettias can grow as a bush.

Even though the flowers are slowly wilting and falling off, it was still a gorgeous bush.

One of my favorite plants is the Hibiscus.  The blossoms are incredible and very delicate.  I fell in love with these plants many years ago in Hawaii.

For the life of me, I cannot remember the name of this plant.  But the colors are astounding.  Across the harbor from where the Africa Mercy is dock, there is a mountain where these grow wild along the side of the mountain.

This delicate flower grows on a very large tree, it rather reminds me of a Magnolia.  The fragrance was a very sweet perfume.

To me this was a rather odd flower.  The plant it grows off of was very short, and it just hangs down. 

Even the cactus plants here get into the blossoming mood.  They are the most unique flowers, not delicate in the least, rather hardly looking like the cactus plants they grow from.

This bush blossomed in two colors pink and yellow... maybe it was just two plant so intertwinned they have become one.   It was very beautiful.

Someone very creatively planted this clock garden.  Yes, the clock actually works.

Last but not least, my absolute favorite plant of all...the Bird of Paradise. I fell in love with this plant when we live in Los Angeles.  I don't know why it is my favorite.  I guess to me it shows God sense of humor...it just makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment