Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Bread for life..."

Today we went out to the opening ceremonies for the Agricultural Center that we partnered with Bethesda to build. Mike had talked about this center on a previous blog (see Aug. 8/09). The main purpose of this center is to educate men and women in biblical agricultural principles.
This is the front of the building. I had to laugh, because the family farm we lived on was painted the same color of light green.
This is the area the men and women will gather to eat their meals. On either side of this room there are long halls with 6 sets of dorm rooms.
I love watching African women dance. They have more rhythm in their baby toes than I have in my whole body. I often laugh, because if I tried to move the way they did, I would seriously hurt myself.
Mercy Ships sign.

The ribbon cutting to commemorate the official opening.
The whole ceremony took around 3 hours. Everyone had to be introduced and greeted. Many people had to give speeches, then the speeches had to be translated, dancing had to be done...songs had to be sung...but the bottom line for everyone was this facility was dedicated to God and for the use of biblical agricultural training.

No comments:

Post a Comment