Monday, November 2, 2009

"Dress Ceremony..."

A few weeks ago I posted a blog about our VVF women. Since that blog, I have had the privilege to witness the "Dress Ceremony". The Dress Ceremony is a time of celebration for the VVF women who have had surgery and the surgery is successful (they no longer leak urine and remain dry). They are given a brand new dress, get their make-up done, sing, dance, tell their story and celebrate. For these three women, after being shunned from their families, abandoned by husbands, ostracized from the community, they can celebrate a "rebirth". They are welcomed back into the community.I stood their with tears in my eyes and celebrated with these women. I know the pain of losing a child, but that is where the understanding ends. I cannot imagine the depth of pain and the humiliation these women experienced...and that added to the grief of losing a child. I rejoiced with them as they reclaimed their lives.Even though Mercy Ships helps only a handful of women, each life is precious and it is a victory over the tragedies they have faced.
"Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off...I will bring you into the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the LORD...I will put My Spirit within you and you will come to life and I will place you on your own land. Then you will know that I, the LORD, have spoken and done it, declares the LORD."Ezekiel 37:11b, 12b, 13,14.

No comments:

Post a Comment