Friday, November 27, 2009

A Typical Alisia day... and more...

It is hard for me to explain what a typical day is, I have about three different school schedules according to the day. Monday and Wednesday I have Devotions, Bible, Math, break, PE (for two periods), lunch, Speech, English, and History. On Tuesday I have Devotions, Math, break, Physics (for two periods), lunch, IT or computers, English, and History. Thursdays I have Devotions, Bible, Math, break, Physics, lunch, IT, English, and History. Finally on Friday I have Worship, Bible, Math, break, PE, Physics, lunch, IT, English, and History. My days are filled with busy, yet fun-filled activities, for example, today my History teacher set up a Wheel of Fortune game using dice and facts from Ancient India and China.

In October the ship held the Benin Games. The Benin Games are when crew members make up teams, costumes, and a cheer then compete against each other. My team was a self absorbed group called Team Me, as you can see in the picture above we all had on a different colored tank top, our hair to one side, denim jean shorts, bright pink lipstick, blush, and a picture of ourself taped to the front. We won the award for the most unique team, and the most creative bribe.

At the beginning of this month my friend Linde turned 14 and she threw a murder mystery party called Cruising for Murder. We where on a cruse ship myself and two other of my friends where contestants for a fashion contest to become the spokes person for the cruse line, but one complication was I couldn't be married which I was married to the bartender Chris. We had to hide our marital status and continue as of we barley knew each other. One of the other crew members found out that we where married and I "killed" her. As a result in the picture you see I am keeling infront with handcuffs on.

At the end of October the Academy had a school formal day and this is my class grade 9 and 10: Mr. Calvert my PE/ mentor/ Bible teacher, me, Linde, Carys, John, and Chris.

One of the most funny thing of all was this picture on the youth room white board. There is Linde "the immature/ hyper one", Carys "the funny one", Josh (not my brother) "the goofy one", Kim Anna "the German", Emma "the rockstar", Chenell "the mischievous one", Alisia (me) "the mature one", Bess, Alanah, and John "the Christians" and Chris "the tower".

As you might have guessed we have alot of fun, we play pranks, we play blind-mans-bluff, we play capture the flag, we do skits, mess around, and most of all just be ourselves. One of the fun things about living on a ship in Africa is having friends or classmates from all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment